Thursday, August 29, 2013

In Short: Best Summer Since 2007?

FROM MY EXPERIENCE I'VE FOUND THAT THE SUMMER ANIME SEASON CAN BE DREADFUL. THE LAST GREAT SUMMER WE HAD WAS , WHERE MONONOKE, BACCANO!, SZS AND MANY OTHERS THAT ARE STILL DISCUSSED TODAY WERE AIRING. WE'RE ABOUT 5 WEEKS INTO SUMMER 2013, POSSIBLY THE BEST SUMMER WE'VE HAD SINCE 2007. HERE ARE MY IMPRESSIONS, IN SHORT:



BLOOD LAD - A lot of the jokes are falling flat on their face, but it still manages to get a laugh or 2 out of me each episode.




Still has nothing on Horizon



CHOUJIGEN GAME NEPTUNE - THE ANIMATION - I'm just waiting for this to finish so David Productions can start working on Stardust Crusaders.. Nice tits though.



DANGANRONPA: THE ANIMATION - Phoenix Wright meets Saw? That was my first impression. So far, it has been a complete transcript of the game, so fans will find nothing new here.



FATE/KALEID LINER PRISMA ILLYA - Mahou shojo spin off of the Fate series? Anything Type-Moon is good right now.



FREE! - I have to hand it to KyoAni, they knew a lot of dedicated fans would be pissed off about this, but they went ahead with it anyway. There isn't as much actual swimming going on as I thought there would be.



GATCHAMAN CROWDS - Show of the season! I'm getting Tiger & Bunny vibes from this one. There are only 13 episodes planned but I'm holding out for an extension.. And some figurines. I love the Tokusatsu style suits, and they would look spiffy next to my T&B Figuarts.



There are another 3 suits still to be revealed. Get hype!



GENEI WO KAKERU TAIYOU - All kinds of retarded, on the verge of being dropped.



GENSHIKEN NIDAIME - We fujoshi now.



GIFUU DOUDOU!! - Righteous as fuck. QUALITY as fuck.



GIN NO SAJI - Food boners, food boners everywhere.



HIGHSCHOOL DXD NEW - I miss the hypnotic ass ED...



THE WORLD GOD ONLY KNOWS: GODDESSES: Can't say I'm loving this arc, I'm tempted to drop this and just catch up with the manga.



KAMISAMA NO INAI NICHIYOUBI - This one surprised me, it's a great concept and it's been executed well so far. I might check out the manga if it continues at this pace.



SWAG 4 U



MONOGATARI SECOND SEASON - I'm finding this a lot easier to follow than Nisemono. It seems to be returning to the early Bakemono style which I'm quite pleased about.



ROZEN MAIDEN (2013) - WHY ARE THEY SO TINY THIS TIME?



SYMPHOGEAR G - This was one way overdue sequel. Back with a bang is an understatement, Satelight are going all out with this one.



C3-BU - I love this (somewhat) recent trend of cute girls doing military things and this is a great addition. It had its fair share of retarded moments, but I'm willing to look past them for mono-tooth girls pretending to be Rambo.



UCHOUTEN KAZOKU - I'm still on the fence with this one. I'll give it another episode or 2 before I consider dropping it.



WATAMOTE - I just want to give her a hug...



~SPRING LEFTOVERS & OTHERS~



Enjoy the female Titan arc while you can...



SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN - Everything seems to be in order here, it's following the manga closely and seems to be getting away with minimal QUALITY. I'm just anxious to know how they will deal with that 'casual reveal' towards the end of the season.



MAJESTIC PRINCE - Gundam SEED 2.0, I have no idea why I haven't dropped this yet. While the mech action is stunning, everything outside of that is just dull.



MUSHIBUGYOU - Another show on the verge of being dropped.



SAINT SEIYA OMEGA -This new arc is hit and miss, there's a lot of focus on the gold saints, but these look so stupid.



HUNTER X HUNTER (2011) - I'm still a bit disappointed of the tone shift from the original series, even if they're adapting everything this time, the older series had a really dark vibe to it. This is just too light hearted.



SPACE BROTHERS: Still giving me a weekly dosage of feels. No complaints here.



RAILGUN S: D jvu...



I've never followed this many shows in a single season before, a lot of which will be carrying over to next season, which I may have to cut down on,right now. It's still early days.



I'LL PROBABLY DO ANOTHER ONE OF THESE AT THE END OF THE SEASON DEPENDING HOW THINGS GO. IN THE MEANTIME, I HAVE ANOTHER IN SHORT PLANNED FOR THE VIDEO GAMES I'M CURRENTLY PLAYING, PLUS SEMI DAILY SLIDER UPDATES, SO DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment